I have to admit, I am pretty proud of this party favor. I haven’t seen it anywhere else. I got the idea from an etsy seller who had the potions labels but they were on hand sanitizer. Since we had kids coming that were all ages, I was worried that some of the kids might actually drink the hand sanitizer. Is that bad to admit?
- Order test tubes from Amazon (or My Amazon Store).
- Order labels from this etsy seller as she already has the templets made (you’re welcome).
- Get kool-aid packages from grocery store.
- Use clear tape to attach labels. Cover completely. (I tried using a sticky printer label but it didn’t stick to the tubes so I used tape as an alternative. It didn’t look as nice as I wanted but at least they stayed on the tubes.)
- Mix the kool-aid with sugar and add to test tubes using a funnel.
- Put lid on test tube and add to party favor bag. DO NOT ADD WATER!
I have water here to show you what it looks like when the kids do this at home.
On each label it says, “From the Potion Cabinet of Sofia and Madeline. Just Add Water. Shake. Drink” so they can pretend they are taking a real potion. I got many compliments on this idea for parents and kids. My girls loved the idea of taking a potion and the kids have test tube to play with later.