These floating candles turned out great. They looked even better when it was dark and you couldn’t see the string. Sorry I didn’t take more pictures. It was such a crazy day, I’m just happy I got one.
My initial plan was to use bigger candles, but they were too heavy and wouldn’t hold with a push pin and fishing wire. I ended up using craft paper and these little candles. I also started off using glue but the glue wouldn’t stick well and the glue didn’t look good on the craft paper anyway.
- Cut the fishing wire into long lengths. Attach on two sides with regular scotch tape.
- Cut the fishing wire into long lengths. Enough to hang from the ceiling at different lengths.
- Cut craft paper wide enough to just overlap over small candle. Cut in different candle size lengths.
- Wrap double sided tape around candle, keeping fishing wire out of the way.
- Put double sided tape down length of craft paper.
- Wrap craft paper around candle. Push lightly down the length of the craft paper where it meets to keep craft paper closed.
6. Put the candles in a box and spray adhesive on the candles. .
7. Sprinkle fine glitter on the candles so they sparkle when it gets dark.